Ryosuke Yoshida and his Protectors Sept 1, 2022 13:22:56 GMT
Post by Ryosuke Yoshida on Sept 1, 2022 13:22:56 GMT
Name: Ryosuke Yoshida
Weight: 131 lbs.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Birth Date: August 10
Birth Place: Shinjuku, Japan
- Negotiation: As a salaryman, Ryosuke often keeps a straight face during negotiations and thinks of his words and the negotiator's offer before he can decide on the right outcome of his current situation. Even if he tends to panic, he is often quick to regain his cool head and is determined to control the situation as much as possible.
- Analytical: Underneath his panicked disposition when it comes to supernatural and Digimon-related incidents lies an analytical mind that combines his decent perception, allowing him to create a plan that takes advantage of or hinders his opponents to turn around even in a hopeless situation.
- Cooking: After the divorce, Ryosuke started learning how to cook to better support Ryu and himself even before heading out for work. Surprisingly for his 2-years of experience in cooking, his son likes his cooking, especially his chicken karaage curry.
- First-Aid: Despite his job, Ryosuke has decent knowledge of first-aid due to him attending a few college workshops on it, allowing him to tend to his wounds in case of emergencies, especially to his Digimon.
- Kendo: While he only spent 1 year practicing the art during high school, Ryosuke is a bit decent with a katana or a shinai. He eventually teach kendo to Ken once he digivolves into Kotemon.
- Notebook and pen
- First-aid kit
Personality: Ryou is like any salaryman you see: Bland, yet professional. However, he's blander than he describes himself to be as he is a bit clumsy and tends to panic too quickly when things don't go his way. He also has a bit of self-doubt, stemming from his uncertainties about taking care of his son alone or keeping the promises he left to his ex-wife. Despite this, he is determined to give his son everything he needs without burdening him with the stress of living alone with him. He also shares his son's kindness with animals, especially Digimon as he treats his partners as his surrogate children and siblings to Ryu.
But underneath his bumbling father nature hides a ruthless and manipulative side that emerges when anyone he loves is in danger or targeted by his enemies, whether they are his Digimon or his son, Ryu, he drops his clumsy kind self for his calculative nature who is willing to do everything to win against them. Whether by psychologically attacking his enemies mentally with his words or strategies that rely on cheap shots and taking advantage of their weaknesses, he is willing to give them their just desserts for harming his loved ones. This is stemmed from his past as a genius loner in his high school days who often loses his temper against his bullies along with an incident that changed him for the rest of his school years.
However, this side often scares his Digimon and especially himself, and tries not to be compelled by his demons, relying on his awareness, friends, and his Digimon to keep an eye on him to avoid any accidents revolving around his short temper. Regardless, his protective nature is very true to him as he often worries about his son and Digimon's safety. He is also a bit paranoid of his surroundings, especially in the Digital World, and often tries to be prepared even if he's gone overboard on it to his friends and Digimon's protests.
Appearance: Like his personality, Ryosuke's appearance is very bland in comparison to his son's rebellious look with his short dark maroon hair and green eyes. While his son, Ryu got most of his eyes and hair from his mother, he did share a small canine tooth he tended to hide when he was smiling in public. While he mostly wear a business suit due to his work, he wore a variety of dress shirts, mostly blue on his off-work days along with his pants, and brown loafers.
FaceClaim: POKEMON JOURNEY: THE SERIES • Professor Cerise • Ryosuke Yoshida
Personal History: (Content warning: Mentions of animal abuse)
Born in Shinjuku, he lived a normal life with his parents and older sister with no issues. Yet despite his normal childhood, Ryosuke wasn't much of a bumbling man in the past. During his middle and high school days, he was known as a genius of class 3-A due to his good grades and decent performance in PE. However, he was constantly bullied because of it, being harassed, beaten up, and even forced to do the bullies' homework in exchange for avoiding them for the rest of the day. The only thing that gave him respite from his torture was taking care of the stray dog he found near the bookstore he visited regularly.
But one day on what should have been another day of being a bullied victim, his bullies found the stray dog and tortured it right in front of his eyes. But when he saw them about to beat it up with a bat, Ryosuke finally snapped and released his bottled resentment against his bullies and started beating them up with their own bat. The resulting incident caused both Ryosuke and his bullies suspended for a few days, but his parents took notice of his bullying dilemma and took him to therapy afterward. However, his actions resulted in his parents also taking in the stray dog after they took them to the vet to be healed from their injuries, which he fondly named "Yuki" after his courageous act to endure their beatings.
Despite his traumatized past, Ryosuke moved on and became a salaryman after he graduated college and married his college sweetheart. However, after several years after their only son, Ryu was born, they divorced after realizing their relationship wasn't working and their jobs were interfering with it. Despite this, they left on amicable terms and still contacted her now and then. However, after moving to Shibuya due to his promotion, Ryosuke struggled to find a balance between taking care of his son and managing his work as a salaryman.
But after his overtime one night, he found a strange device and a large egg that would change his life forever...